Wednesday, January 2, 2008

2007: A year in review

A list!!!

2007: A Year in Review

1. What is one thing you did in 2007 that you'd never done before? Experienced veganism.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn’t make any, nor do I ever.

3. Did someone close to you give birth? Leslie Burket!

4. Did anyone close to you die? People close to my family yes – Uncle Dick and Jennifer Jones.

5. What countries did you visit? None! I think my international travels are an every-other-year thing…so I guess I better get planning this year.

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? I think I want to get my own place. I love my mother, but I also love my privacy.

7. What days from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The day my grandmother went into the hospital. My first day of school. My 29th birthday. The day Drew went into the hospital.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Going back to school. I am very proud of myself for finally doing something I’ve wanted to do for many years.

9. What was your biggest failure? I’ve done pretty alright this year. I’ve been good to my family and personally been moving in the right direction.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I almost cut my thumb off…still paying those bills, but nothing serious. It was just everyone around me who decided to almost die.

11. What was the best thing you bought? My health. It hasn’t been cheap, but worth it.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My grandmother has been very strong and resilient this year!

13. Whose behavior made you appalled? I could start a list of strangers that could go on forever, starting with our President, but I’ll stick to people I know…and in that arena I can’t really think of anyone. Well actually I can, but I’m not into mudslinging in my journal.

14. Where did most of your money go? Paying off my debt…which it took me more than seven years to do…but it’s done. I do not have one credit card with one balance to my name. It’s an amazing accomplishment.

15. What did you get really, really excited about? Being debt free, and going back to school.

16. What song will always remind you of 2007? I love this question…but it’s so tough. Let’s see…oh gosh I know, Amos Lee’s “Supply and Demand”.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or hardened? Both, but happier if I had to choose.
ii. thinner or fatter? Thinner! Thank goodness.
iii. richer or poorer? Better off financially for sure.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? I always wished I’d traveled more and I also wished I’d communicated more in a couple of the relationships in my life. I can see now that I’ve gone too far down a dark road to turn around. And I think talking along the way could have fixed that.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Whine. I felt like my family was having a really bad year and I realize now I whined about that a lot. No one likes a whiner.

20. What was your favorite TV program? I didn’t really love anything that much this year.

23. What was the best book you read? Olivia…which was one of my text books for my class but also a very well written book about a very amazing women who’s led the most horrific life and managed to turn it around.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery? I think that would have to be the Everybodyfields.

25. What did you want and get? A return to school.

26. What did you want and not get? An apartment.

27. Favorite film of this year? I have seriously seen so few movies this year it’s pathetic…I can’t even think of one to jot down here.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 29 and I went out bar hopping downtown with friends and it was really surprisingly fun.

29. What kept you sane? My friends. I marvel constantly at the amazing relationships I have in my life. My friends and family are just amazing.

30. Who was the best new person you met? Easy – Dr. Marilyn Myerson…she is the director of the graduate program I am studying in and she is so completely amazing. She is everything I didn’t know I wanted to be in this life. I can’t wait to start taking her women’s health seminar next week. I’m so nervous!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

. What is one thing you did in 2007 that you'd never done before? Drove a truck pulling a 35' trailer.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Never make any. I'm always trying to improve myself.

3. Did someone close to you give birth? Leslie Burket!

4. Did anyone close to you die? Melba Miller

5. What countries did you visit? Cayman's

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Better health.

7. What days from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Mom in the hospital, Roy in the hospital, Melba in the hospital -- It was a hospital kinda year.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Surviving.

9. What was your biggest failure? Man - some bad decisions at work, Copier lease, phone lease, postage meter lease - All regretted.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Several bouts of chronic annoying things, nothing serious just pesky.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Yellow Creek - although technically that was in 2006.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mom surviving & thriving.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled? Sticking with strangers - most any celebrity.

14. Where did most of your money go? Refurbishing Yellow Creek & Maximo.

15. What did you get really, really excited about? Getting so much time away with Roy, despite all the health crisis...

16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Mandisa's God Speaking.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or hardened? Both, but happier if I had to choose.
ii. thinner or fatter? The same - which is better than fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Probably poorer cash wise - richer "personally"

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Exercised.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? Eat

20. What was your favorite TV program? Dancing with the Stars - about the only thing I even watched this year.

23. What was the best book you read? Water for Elephants.

24. What was your greatest musical discovery? None.

25. What did you want and get? The sisters to Yellow Creek.
26. What did you want and not get? Mom to Yellow Creek

27. Favorite film of this year? How about the only films this year - Harry Potter #5 & Pirates #2

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? The big 5-0, drove to Yellow Creek.

29. What kept you sane? My faith.

30. Who was the best new person you met? Neighbor Randy - who pulled me out of the mud!

Aunt Susan.

 
Copyright 2009 eringee